Candidates must submit a video recording as follows:
- Category A: maximum of 7 minutes (free repertoire, at least two pieces).
- Category B: maximum of 10 minutes (free repertoire, at least two pieces from different style periods).
- Category C: maximum of 15 minutes (free repertoire, at least two pieces from different style periods).
It is desirable that in the submitted video the participants perform a piece that can be performed with a string orchestra (arrangements are acceptable).
The video recordings must conform to the following requirements:
- The video should clearly show the musician(s) performing the music. Contestants’ face and hands must be visible.
- The video should be of high quality (720p or above).
- The video should be public (no visibility restrictions).
- The performance may not be made earlier than January 1st, 2022.
- No video editing that seeks to misrepresent the performance is allowed. Such post-processing will lead to disqualification.
- There is no specific requirement for the online video streaming platform (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, Youku, etc.), as long as it is freely accessible from Europe.
- There are no specific requirements in terms of venue or a dress code, as long as the performers are dressed in a neat and appropriate manner.
- Different compositions may be recorded separately. However, it is advisable to assemble individual recordings into a single video link.