THE NEXT GENERATION
International Youth Orchestra
After last year’s success of the Allegra Festival Orchestra under the guidance of the Concertmaster of the Vienna Philharmonic, Rainer Honeck, Allegra invites again young string players to participate in the project THE NEXT GENERATION – International Youth Orchestra.
This year the orchestra will be led by Gregory Ahss, who was personally invited by Maestro Claudio Abbado to become concertmaster of the Lucerne Festival Orchestra. He is also the concertmaster of the Lucerne Symphony Orchestra and the Salzburg Chamber Orchestra. The young musicians will prepare a concert program, which will be presented in Bulgaria Hall on July 20, 2022, as part of the Allegra Festival concert season.
W. А. Mozart
Piano Concerto No 21, C major, KV 467
Soloist Ludmil Angelov, piano
P. I. Tchaikovsky
Serenade for String Orchestra in C Major, Op. 48
Additionally, the participants in the Orchestra will have the opportunity to attend the masterclasses for free (as passive participants) and will get free tickets to the festival concert program.
- Participants in The Next Generation International Youth Orchestra will be selected by a jury based on the candidates’ submitted video recordings.
- Participants must be 16 to 24 years old, and play violin, viola, cello, or double bass.
- Repertoire requirement for the video recording is part of a concerto or a piece of their choice with piano accompaniment.
- Candidates should upload their video recording to an online video platform and send their link no later than May 30, 2022.
- Selected candidates will be announced on Jun 05, 2022 at www.allegrafestival.com under THE NEX GENERATION/Results.
- Selected participants will be provided with music scores for self-preparation.
- The application fee of € 50 (non-refundable) is payable as part of the registration.
The videos have to correspond to the following requirements:
- The video recording should clearly show the face and the arms of the performer throughout the recording.
- The video recording should be of high quality (minimum 720p).
- The recording should be made no earlier than January 01, 2022.
- No video editing that seeks to misrepresent the performance is allowed. Such post-processing will lead to disqualification.
- There is no specific requirement regarding the online video platform (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, Youku, etc.) as long as it is freely accessible from Europe.
- There are no specific requirements as to place of recording or attire. It is sufficient that the performers are dressed appropriately in a respectful manner.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL COSTS
- Selected participants will have the opportunity to be accommodated free of charge in double rooms in the Young Virtuoso Residence of “Lyubomir Pipkov” National School of Music in Sofia.
- The address of the residence is: Mladost, str. “Polk. Vladimir Serafimov” № 2.
- Arrival – July 15, departure – July 23.
- Participants will be provided with daily travel passes for the public transport for the period of staying (July 15 – 23).
- All travel and meal expenses are responsibility of the participants.